* Seat: bucket type (front)- not the currently available Mugen bucket seats, these have position adjustments
* Exterior: Firecracker Red
* Interior: Black and Blue
Teraz maly offtop o silniku:
Silnik ten byl zaprezentowany w 2002, bral udzial w Le Mans, ALMS (American Le Mans Series) oraz Super GT (JGTC) w VEMAC RD408R w klasie GT500.
Oto specyfikacja silnika w VEMAC'u RD408R:
* Engine Name MF408S
* Engine 90° V8, naturally aspirated
* Displacement 4,000 cm³
* Max Power 590+ hp (440 kW) @ 9,500 rpm
* Max Torque 383 lbf·ft (519 N·m @ 7,500 rpm
* Restrictor Size 33.4 mm x2 or 46.8 mm x1
* Ignition Type Direct Injection
* ECU System EFI-Technology
* CDI System EFI-Technology
* Clutch Type/Size Carbon / 5.5inch 4-plate
* Maintenance Interval >3,000 km (>5,000 km at Le Mans 24h)
* Length 559 mm (not including flywheel)
* Height 577 mm (not including flywheel)
* Width 720 mm
* Weight 131 kg
* Crank Height 92 mm
In 2001, Mugen concentrated once more in the JGTC, the NSX winning two races, and finishing second (Mugen/Dome) and third (ARTA) in the series. More importantly, in June, the company announced development of the a new 4.0 L V8, dubbed MF408S, for the main prototype class in the 24 Hours of Le Mans and American Le Mans Series. At the time, Mugen acknowledged that international sportscar racing was a new category for them. The concept of the MF408S was high power, compact size, durability and reliability. Mugen chose a 4.0 L normally aspirated engine because they felt through their experience in Formula Three that restrictor size was key to performance. The idea was to save fuel with a smaller displacement engine, since, theoretically, restrictor size will bring power in any engine to a similar level. The main engines in use at the time were producing around 600 hp, including the turbocharged Audi and Cadillac, as well as the larger displacement BMW and the Roush-prepared Ford. Mugen excluded a turbo as this necessitated use of intercoolers to extract maximum performance, which added to the weight and reduced performance.
2002 was a good year for Mugen at the track. The Mugen-prepared NSXs won five rounds, with the Mugen/Dome team winning two races outright, which gave them the Team's championship title. The debut of the MF408S was in a Panoz chassis in the 2002 Sebring 12 Hours, first round of ALMS.
Silnik ten w 2005 roku zostal zastapiony modelem MF458S dysponujacym moca pona 600KM (nie znalazlem dokladnej mocy, przypuszczam ze ma ok 650), i z tego co wiem startuje w wyscigach do dzis.