Japoniec 
:) The champ is here

Auto: Fiat 126p Maluch Trophy
Wysłany: 2006-12-24   

Konkretne sprzęty :mrgreen:

Deox 
Administrator

Wysłany: 2006-12-24   

jak bym miał trzy takie czerwone strzały, to bym się do garażu przeprowadził i tam zrobił sobie pokój :lol:

Deox 
Administrator

Wysłany: 2007-01-23   

Rozbuduję trochę ten artykuł, aby lepiej się go czytało.

Żeby nie czytać z fotki wklejam tekst:

"It should come as no surprise to you to learn that Nobuteru Taniguchi has a thing for the Nissan Silvia. All shapes, all forms and in so many variations-the driver who's more commonly known as NOB has driven some of the fastest S-chassis cars in Japan and serves as HKS' drift ambassador, having piloted their Hiper Silvia to several victories in D1 competitions. Knowing Nissan's most recognized FRplatforms like the back of his hand, you would think that for a daily driver he'd opt for something different, a Honda at least. But you'd be wrong. NOB owns three Silvias (OK, two Silviasand a 180SX), and not without just cause: "The Silvia is a good platform to build on because of cost performance," says Taniguchi. "The car itself isn't expensive and there are countless parts, new and used, available for it. It's one of the few FR turbo vehicles that were ever built, which makes it great for drifting. And youprobably all know that I love drifting." Nahhh, we had no idea!

In The Beginning,There Was Silvia

Consider it an unplanned phenomenon or an uncontrollable destiny, but from the get-go NOB only wanted one Silvia, the S15. When we asked why he chose this particular model out of any car he could own, he told us, "I love the car for the pure enjoyment I get out of driving it. I've owned my Silvia for a long time and I never get sick of it." But while the S15 has long stood as his favorite, it's reached a point where it just can't be driven anymore. "It's just too clean to drive it around town and risk getting it dented or scratched," he said, and explained that it's used now for show display only. The sleek coupe seems to define NOB's current style and while the chassis isn't a true-to-spec version of the Hiper S15, it's damn close, with its exterior receiving complements from a Vertex Lang aero kit, the same one found on the HKS car. T&E also retrofitted his taillights with LEDs and upgraded the front HIDs with Bellof bulbs and Stinger beams. The purchase of his S15 also represents the beginning of his fascination with the color red. "Some time ago, it used to be yellow," he said, adding, "I always thought pure exotic sports cars like Ferraris and Lamborghinis should be red or yellow. Of the two, I picked red, which to me is what defines dominance and greatness, plus it looks really cool." And for anyone who is curious as to exactly which red he's using on his cars, the 180SX has the factory Honda Fit paint, while the S14 and S15 both take the factory red from the Toyota MR-S.

With everlasting support from HKS, he used their Hipermax Pro adjustable coilovers with Swift springs to lower the car, then fit 19x9.5 and 19x10.5 Advan T6 wheels to each corner. Each six-spoke wheel was equipped with evenly matched 235/35R19 AVS tires from Yokohama and can handle any sliding action NOB may want to engage in. The engine is also a near replica of the SR20 found in the Hiper, rated at 430 hp, but instead uses mid-shelf HKS products to get the job done. The turbo-not the monster GT30PRO S the Hiper uses-is HKS' mildest ball-bearing upgrade, the GT-RS, and hangs off a Yashio Factory manifold with other HKS goods in the form of an intercooler, 256/264 camshafts, valve springs, and a reinforced actuator. The stock bottom end is usually strong enough to handle high horsepower, but in this case, NOB swapped the pistons for those from the Z32, bumping the displacement up another 100cc. A titanium Legerfort muffler from T&E removes unwanted weight and stress from the exhaust leading down to the Yashio Factory exhaust manifold. NOB even went so far as to pull the six-speed factory transmission for a specially geared Nismo gear box, which brings the final gear ratio to 4.3 and also comes with a Nismo Copper Mix clutch and SSS limited slip differential. A Skyline GT-R fuel pump serves the gasoline to a set of 550cc injectors, feeding exactly the right flow to support his 1.3 kg of boost.

Thankfully, NOB likes to keep his mods simple; the interior is a perfect example of how one should keep a S15. A pair of Bride Brix seats are bolted to the floor and on the dash you'll find nothing more than a special edition NOB Taniguchi steering wheel from Nardi, a custom-mounted HKS EVC boost controller underneath the steering column, and an Alpine audio system with navigation. When asked if he reserves the S15 for a night out with the ladies, he laughed, "If I wanted to take a girl out, I'd rather take my Mercedes. I think the girls would prefer that also."

Watch His S-Car Go

"After the S15," continues the great one, "I bought a white stock S14 so I could take it to small drift training events and teach people how to drift." Soon after, his friend Takahiro Ueno, owner of T&E and the driver of the Vertex Soarer, got involved with the project and installed a Vertex Lang body kit and repainted the car red. Out of the three, the S14 is the least modified, using only a GT-SS turbo from HKS, a Blitz intercooler, and a Legerfort T&E exhaust for a small lift in power, going up to 320 hp from stock. "I'm preparing the S14 for a makeover soon," he says, "When I'm done with it, it will have a GT2835 turbo, cams, head work, and a Nismo six-speed transmission along with some additional upgrades. I'm targeting 430 hp."

Since it's used primarily for training, it had to have the essentials needed for any student to learn properly. HKS' Hipermax D coilovers are at it again, providing maximum handling and stability while sliding, and five-spoke 19-inch Volk GTS wheels show off the big Project µ calipers. Black Gias bucket seats from Bride take the place of the OE Nissan recliners, and a Nardi NOB steering wheel and T&E shift knob give a more race-inspired feel to the driver's holding cell. This time an Eclipse navi unit sends real time traffic reports to NOB and a Blitz boost controller sits on top of the steering column.

180 More Reasons Why Nob Loves The S-Chassis

While everyone thinks the S15 is the ultimate Silvia ever produced, it's the 180SX that holds a special place in NOB's automotive heart. "I've always wanted one," he states, "My [180SX] used to belong to a Japanese tuning magazine, but when the opportunity came along to buy it, I couldn't resist." Driven the most out of the trio, it's comfortable, easy to drive, and, with a stock S15 turbo, has "outrageous response." He smirks, "That's what I really like; you can't beat instant response."

It's easy to see why NOB enjoys the S13 chassis; it's the most accessible, with an unbeatable price at under $5k for a clean and straight body. This hatchback is powered by the first variation of the SR20DET without variable cam timing and, aside from the S15 turbo, uses HKS' camshafts and intercooler to hit a max of 320 hp. The exhaust routes out from a Yashio Factory manifold and downpipe to a Legerfort exhaust (are you seeing a pattern here?). Again, Taniguchi goes for the gusto, packing in a Nismo transmission with a Copper Mix clutch and limited slip differential.

Yashio Factory actually put more work into this car than the other two, loading the suspension with their own coilovers and then fitting in Nismo suspension arms for unparalleled handling. Smaller 18x9 and 18x10 Advan RS wheels with Advan Neova tires are perfect for this ultimate street setup, not to mention the Vertex Ridge body kit and custom taillights. Bride takes care of ass comforting once again, with a Zeta III for the NOB himself and a Brix for the shotgun spot. And after spotting the limited Nardi/NOB collabo steering wheel once again, I'll be damned if I don't have one of these by the time I finish my 240 project. As it stands, the 180SX is driven the most by NOB, with the S14 and S15 left in garages for preservation. "I've grown to love all of them," he says, "All of the cars are very similar in characteristics, so they're essentially the same car to me. They're all fit for drifting, and that's my style."

FAST FACTS:

Nissan Silvia S15
OWNER Nobuteru Taniguchi
HOMETOWN Shizuoka, Japan
DAILY GRIND Direxiv GT race car driver; HKS test driver
POWER 430hp at 1.3kg
UNDER THE HOOD 2.1L SR20DET; HKS GT-RS turbo, intercooler, camshafts, reinforced valve springs and reinforced actuator; Z32 pistons; Yashio Factory radiator, exhaust manifold and spark amplifier; T&E titanium Legerfort exhaust; GT-R fuel pump
DRIVETRAIN Nismo six-speed transmission, Copper Mix clutch and limited slip differential (4.1/4.3 final gear ratio)
BRAINS HKS EVC
STIFF STUFF HKS Hipermax Pro coilovers; Swift springs; Ikeya Formula control arms
STOPPERS Project µ brake upgrade
ROLLERS 19x9.5 (f), 19x10.5 (r) Advan T6 wheels; 235/35R19 Yokohama AVS tires
OUTSIDE Vertex Lang aero kit; Craft Square mirrors; T&E custom rear LED taillights and headlights; Bellof HID bulbs and Stinger beam
INSIDE Bride Brix seats; Nardi limited edition NOB Taniguchi steering wheel; Works Bell steering boss
ICE Alpine audio system with navigation

FAST FACTS:

Nissan Silvia s14
OWNER See above
HOMETOWN Still the same dude
DAILY GRIND Are you not listening to us?
POWER 320hp at 1.2kg
UNDER THE HOOD 2.0L SR20DET; HKS GT-SS turbo; Blitz intercooler; Yashio Factory radiator; T&E Legerfort exhaust
DRIVETRAIN N/A
BRAINS Blitz boost controller
STIFF STUFF HKS Hipermax D coilovers
STOPPERS Project µ brake upgrade
ROLLERS 19x9.5 (f), 19x10.5 (r) Volk GTS wheels; 225/35R19 (f), 255/35R19 (r) Yokohama S-Drive tires
OUTSIDE Vertex Lang aero kit; Bellof HID bulbs
INSIDE Bride Gias seats; Nardi limited edtion NOB Taniguchi steering wheel; T&E shift knob and shift boot
ICE N/A

FAST FACTS:

Nissan 180sx
OWNER Look, for the last time-it's the same guy
HOMETOWN Are you dense?
DAILY GRIND Three cars, one owner, OK?
POWER 320hp at 1.2kg
UNDER THE HOOD 2.0L SR20DET; S15 Silvia turbo; HKS intercooler, reinforced actuator and camshafts; Yashio Factory exhaust manifold, downpipe, radiator, and spark amplifier; T&E Legerfort exhaust
DRIVETRAIN Nismo six-speed transmission, Copper Mix clutch and limited slip differential (4.1/4.3 final gear ratio)
BRAINS N/A
STIFF STUFF Yashio Factory coilovers; Nismo suspension arms
STOPPERS N/A
ROLLERS 18x9 (f), 18x10 (r) Advan RS wheels; 225/40R18 (f), 235/35R18 (r) Advan Neova tires
OUTSIDE Vertex Ridge aero kit; Fet Catz HID kit
INSIDE Bride Zeta III and Brix seats; Nardi limited edtion NOB Taniguchi steering wheel
ICE Eclipse audio system with navigation

Deox 
Administrator

Wysłany: 2007-01-23   

Zdjęcia osobno:

Nobuteru Taniguchi And Cars:

180sx Interior:

S14 Interior:

S15 Interior:

Craft Square Mirror:

Deox 
Administrator